The distinction of being among the leading artists, innovators, practitioners and executives who are creating and advancing visionary VFX work worldwide.
As a part of a global network of more than 4,000 members in 42 countries, enjoy access to peer-to-peer online and in-person discussion forums; hear the latest trends, advances and production news; and build important professional and social relationships.
Access to educational programs from practical skill-building workshops to cutting-edge technology demos to an online library of video tutorials and presentations by industry experts.
Invitations to members-only events, including exclusive film screenings, panel discussions and opportunities to attend galvanizing annual events including the prestigious VES Awards.
Help guide the future of the VES and contribute to advancing the field by volunteering for a VES Committee, mentoring students or ultimately running for elected office at the Section or international Board of Directors level.
- Opportunity to participate in the VES Member Assistance Program by LifeWorks – a confidential support service that can help you manage all of life’s complexities 24/7 at no cost to you.
- Opportunity to purchase VES Healthcare coverage at competitive rates for individuals and small businesses
- Opportunity to purchase supplemental/disability insurance
- Free and discounted publications
- Awards season year-end Blu-ray/DVD studio screeners
- Discounts on VES Awards Show and VES Award submissions
- Discounts on select industry conferences, programs and special events
- Discounts on business and educational services
- Discounts on computer hardware/software
Below are some additional member benefits such as health care, business, education, publications, screenings, and member discounts. Download 2023 VES Member Benefits Flyer.
- VES Member Assistance Program
- VES Health Insurance for US members
- Individual and small business plans at competitive rates
- Same coverage available to the Television Academy and PGA members
- Dental and eye care included (more information)
- VES Canadian Health Insurance for members in Canada (except Quebec)
- ObamaCare Tutorial
VES Members Receive FREE Virtual Studio from StratusCore
- 40 hours of Virtual Workstation use per month
- 25 render credits per month
- 50 GB of hot storage
- 50% off all purchases
“Sleep in your own bed at night and collect a paycheck – without expensive hardware!”
With Virtual Studio, you can create complex content latency-free at 60 frames per second using just a Windows browser and 8Mbps internet connection. Content and tools sit together in centralized storage in the cloud to make creation and global collaboration nearly instantaneous and secure.
- 33% Discount at TEAM Payroll Services.
- Access to First Entertainment Credit Union
- Low-cost Teleconferencing from 1 Source International call 1-888-300-1417
- 15% Discount at Sphere VFX for VES Members
- 15% Discount at FXPHD online vfx and post-production training (click here for more info)
- 10% Discount at Gnomon School of Visual Effects
- Free print and digital subscription to VFX VOICE magazine, published by the Visual Effects Society as the definitive authority on all things visual effects in the world of film, TV, gaming, virtual reality, commercials, theme parks, and other new media
- Free subscription to weekly digital VARIETY (VES members in North America will receive print version as well)
- $79 annual subscription to THE HOLLYWOOD REPORTER which is a 70% Discount off the newsstand cover price
- Free mailings from ANIMATION MAGAZINE during awards season only
- Free mailings from THE WRAP
- Order the VES HANDBOOK OF VISUAL EFFECTS: INDUSTRY STANDARD VFX PRACTICES AND PROCEDURES – 2nd EDITION from Amazon
Hundreds of Free VES screenings of first-run features in various Sections around the world throughout the year
Awards Season studio screenings of their projects for your awards consideration during the fourth quarter of the current year into the first quarter of the following year
Awards Season Digital/Blu-ray/DVD Studio Screeners – Studios determine which screeners are sent out and whether or not to send out screeners worldwide or just to members in the U.S.
VES Members may enjoy discounted rates at all Kimpton Hotels in the United States. Please see instructions and code below for booking
VES Global Business ID is GBP24429
You may book online at www.KimptonHotels.com by entering the code under Global Business ID, or by calling 800-KIMPTON and asking for the Visual Effects Society GBP rates.
Kimpton Global Business Benefits
- Discounted rates starting at 10% off the Best Available Rate, guaranteed 7 days a week at any Kimpton Hotel nationwide
- Access to weekend specials, exclusive promotions and Kimpton Instant Meetings
- Late check-out, subject to availability
- Fast, free Wi-Fi for all Kimpton Karma Rewards members
- VES Award Show – 40%
- VES Summit
- VES Award Submissions- 25% to 100%
- VES members save on buying or selling real estate with Keller Williams (details below)
VES members save on buying or selling real estate through the network of the Entertainment Division of Keller Williams DTLA (“kwDTLA”)
We’re excited to offer a new VES member benefit.
Now through our exclusive specialized servicing agreement you can save money when buying or selling a home around the globe!
Keller Williams DTLA’s Entertainment Division is able to reduce the cost of buying or selling real estate for VES members by crediting 20% of their realtor commission back to VES members at the close of escrow when they buy or sell real estate.
To put that into actual figures, a realtor’s standard commission on a $1,000,000 home is $25,000 (2.5% of the purchase price), and the Keller Williams DTLA Entertainment Division agent would give $5,000 (i.e. 20% of that $25,000 commission) back to the VES member upon the close of escrow.*
Overall the Keller Williams’ global company-wide reach is unparalleled—with over 149,000 agents spread over 790 market centers across the Americas, Europe, Africa, and Asia, no real estate company has more agents globally than KW (see www.kwworldwide.com).
Regardless of the area in the world that a VES member is looking to buy or sell real estate, the specialized Directors of kwDTLA’s Entertainment Division will assign and refer the most qualified KW agent to work with the VES member—ensuring the agent is proficient to handle the VES member’s needs as well as honor the 20% discount.
The DTLA Entertainment Directors and the assigned KW agent will communicate regularly to make sure that no clients’ need is missed.
High level service is our priority.
To be put in touch with a KW Entertainment agent in your area, please contact the kwDTLA’s Entertainment Division at firstname.lastname@example.org
*Conditions may apply. Credits must appear on the HUD and are non reoccurring towards costs associated with the costs of Closing.