The distinction of being among the leading artists, innovators, practitioners and executives who are creating and advancing visionary VFX work worldwide.
As a part of a global network of more than 4,500 members in 45 countries, enjoy access to peer-to-peer online and in-person discussion forums; hear the latest trends, advances and production news; and build important professional and social relationships.
Access to educational programs from practical skill-building workshops to cutting-edge technology demos to an online library of video tutorials and presentations by industry experts.
Invitations to members-only events, including exclusive film screenings, panel discussions and opportunities to attend galvanizing annual events including the prestigious VES Awards.
Help guide the future of the VES and contribute to advancing the field by volunteering for a VES Committee, mentoring students or ultimately running for elected office at the Section or international Board of Directors level.
- Opportunity to participate in the VES Member Assistance Program by LifeWorks – a confidential support service that can help you manage all of life’s complexities around the world, 24/7 at no cost to you.
- Opportunity to purchase VES Healthcare coverage at competitive rates for individuals and small businesses
- Opportunity to purchase supplemental/disability insurance
- Free and discounted publications
- Awards season year-end digital/Blu-ray/DVD studio screeners
- Discounts on VES Awards Show and VES Awards submissions
- Discounts on select industry conferences, programs and special events
- Discounts on business and educational services
Below are some additional member benefits such as health care, business, education, publications, screenings, and member discounts. Download 2023 VES Member Benefits Flyer.
- VES Member Assistance Program
- VES Health Insurance for US members
- Individual and small business plans at competitive rates
- Same coverage available to the Television Academy and PGA members
- Dental and eye care included (more information)
- VES Canadian Health Insurance for members in Canada (except Quebec)
- Health & Wellbeing Resources page
- ObamaCare Tutorial
- Free print and digital subscription to VFX VOICE magazine, published by the Visual Effects Society as the definitive authority on all things visual effects in the world of film, TV, gaming, virtual reality, commercials, theme parks, and other new media
- Free subscription to weekly digital VARIETY (VES members in North America will receive print version as well)
- $79 annual subscription to THE HOLLYWOOD REPORTER which is a 70% Discount off the newsstand cover price
- Free digital subscription to ANIMATION MAGAZINE and 50% off print subscriptions (US members receive free mailings during awards season only)
- US members receive free mailings from THE WRAP during awards season only
- Order the VES HANDBOOK OF VISUAL EFFECTS: INDUSTRY STANDARD VFX PRACTICES AND PROCEDURES – 2nd EDITION from Amazon
Hundreds of free VES screenings of first-run features in various Sections around the world throughout the year
Awards Season studio screenings of their projects for your awards consideration during the fourth quarter of the current year into the first quarter of the following year
Awards Season streaming/Blu-ray/DVD Studio Screeners – Studios determine which screeners are sent out and whether or not to send out screeners worldwide or just to members in the US
VES members receive discounted rates at all Kimpton Hotels in the US. Click here for more information.