MENTAL HEALTH RESOURCES
Canadian Association for Suicide Prevention (CASP)
Nationwide suicide prevention and support network that provides information and resources to communities to reduce the suicide rate and minimize the harmful consequences of suicidal behavior.
- Phone: 1-833-456-4566 or 45645 (Text, 4 p.m. to midnight ET only)
- Kids Help Phone: 1-800-668-6868
Here to Help
A project of the BC Partners for Mental Health and Substance Use Information.
- BC Mental Health Support Line: Call 310-6789 (do not add 604, 778 or 250 before the number). It’s free and available 24 hours a day for emotional support, information and resources specific to mental health. Free and available 24 hours a day.
- Suicide Hotline: Call 1-800-784-2433 if you are experiencing feelings of distress or despair, including thoughts of suicide or worried about someone else. Free and available 24 hours a day.
- The Alcohol & Drug Information and Referral Service: Call 1-800-663-1441 if you are in distress or worried about someone else. Free and available 24 hours a day.
Virtual Mental Health Support (Government of British Columbia)
Virtual services are available for British Columbians who are experiencing anxiety, depression or other mental health challenges, including suicide hot lines, wellness support, covid-19 support.
Kids Help Phone
A free 24/7 national support service that provides confidential professional counselling, information, referrals and volunteer-led, text-based support to young people in both English and French
- Phone: 1-800-668-6868