Media Manager & Creator
The Visual Effects Society (VES) has a small but mighty staff working with the most creative people in Hollywood – visual effects artists. We are a global organization, with more than 4,200 in 40+ countries, representing the interests of visual effects practitioners in film, TV, animation and video games. This is an interesting, multi-tasking position where you will learn about the inner workings of one of the entertainment industries most respected organizations and have the opportunity to keep the branding in-line as well as significantly up the game of all of our presentations.
We’re looking for a motivated self-starter and team player who loves to learn and keep busy working on a wide variety of projects. This successful candidate will have editing and graphic design know-how and be responsible for:
- VES Video Pre-Production, Production & Post-Production for both Live and Virtual Events – responsibilities include setting up, shooting, post-production, posting and maintaining all VES content to various social media sites, including Vimeo and the VES website (WordPress).
- Operating Zoom and Facebook Live to broadcast, record and post-edit live webinars for the global VES membership and Q&As.
- Managing VES Vimeo and YouTube Channel accounts – editing and posting of all VES video content, providing links, meta-data and graphics.
- Graphic support: design print materials and motion graphics for VES e-blasts, the VFX Voice magazine, various office materials, the annual VES Awards Show & Honors Event.
- Create video clip reels for special occasions.
- Provide appropriate video assets upon request.
- Participate on the Archive Committee, ensuring Best Practices of video shoots, overseeing edits, managing completed video files and tracking video assets. Catalogue and preserve VES Archival material, both physically (at the VES Office and offsite storage unit), and digitally online.
- Coordinate and provide support for remote participation in meetings for VES global members.
- Applicants must demonstrate proficiency in the following:
- Graphic Design/Motion Graphics – supply samples
- Adobe Suite – Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere and After Effects
- Experience with other Non-Linear Editing Software a plus
- Zoom/Remote Conferencing
- Microsoft Office and Google Docs
- Knowledge of VIMEO
3 to 5 years experience in video production & post-production
Must possess strong communication skills, work well in collaborative, remote team settings
Salary $65K to $70K (Full-Time)
ABSOLUTELY NO PHONE CALLS!
Benefits include 401(k) and Health insurance.
This position involves some evenings and weekends throughout the year.
The VES is an equal opportunity employer.
COVID-19 POLICY: Applicants must show proof of Covid-19 vaccination and booster. At present, this is a hybrid working situation with several days/week in our Sherman Oaks, CA office and other remotely from your home. At any time, this position may convert to back to working full-time in our office so applicants should be prepared for that possibility.
Send your resume, cover letter and a link to your portfolio of work samples to jobs@VESGlobal.org with Subject line “Media Manager & Creator” by November 20, 2022.